Wednesday 29 July 2009

A Chance remark, transformed my whole life!

My sister is my biggest critic but also at the same time showers her love on me by advising me on a daily basis about everything....actually she can be a psychologist....

One day we were talking about how mom n dad brought us up, and she said, 'No matter what happened, they always insisted on us being ourselves.' .....

'On being ourselves.'......that remark is what did it!
In a flash, I realised I had brought all the misery on myself by trying to fit myself in a pattern to which I did not conform.

I can say she has always told me right things at the right time!

I changed overnight!

I started being myself. I tried to make a study of my own personality. Tried to find out what I was. Studied my strong points. I learned all I could about blogging. I can give this credit to my neighbour who introduced me the idea. But I had forgotten that untill I received a mail from a friend to follow some creative n excellent blogs. And so.... I started one myself.

I humbly thank everyone for inspiring me in their own way!!

I reached out to make friends. Each time I write my posts, I gain little courage. It will take a while - but today I have more happiness than I ever dreamed possible. I soon will graduate in making my own designs, sketches, organisers (actually it is called Dreamz factory - where I dare to dream and make it happen, anything n eveything I can). In rearing my children, I am also teaching them the lesson I had to learn from some bitter experiences.
NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, ALWAYS BE YOURSELF!

So Instead of focussing on all the things I couldn't do, I began to rejoice in everything I could.
Here is the way a poet - the late Douglas Malloch - said it:

If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill, Be a scrub in the valley - but be

The best little scrub by the side of the rill;

Be a bush, if you can't be a tree.

If you can't be a bush, be a bit of the grass,

And some highway happier make;

If you can't be a muskie, then just be a bass-

But the liveliest bass in the lake!


We can't be all captains, we've got to be crew,

There's something for all of us here.

There's big work to do and there's lesser to do

And the task we must do is the near.


If you can't be a highway, then just be a trail,

If you can't be the sun, be a star;

It isn't the size that you win or you fail -

Be the best of whatever you are!


To cultivate a mental attitude that will bring us peace and freedom from worry, remember....

Let's not imitate others.
Let's find ourselves and be ourselves.
BE HAPPY............BE FREE!!
Just received an email with this quote, thought of sharing with all u guys:
What u r is God's gift 2 u........ What u make of urself is ur gift 2 God.......So Keep Smiling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online